Saturday, November 14, 2009

h1n1 - omg!

Since I dont live in a huge city - the H1N1 was very hard to find. With the boys being under 2 and myself being pregnant - I found it necessary to get the shot.

The Sebastian County Health Unit held a free flu shot drive through for anyone. Also, if you were pregnant or under 4 you were eligible for the H1N1. I took off work the morning of 10/30. I told work I'd be in by 1200. The drive thru opened up at 9am. I arrived at 8:15. I proceeded down Midland Blvd approximately 3-4 miles before I found the end of the line. OK - I thought - well, this is going to be bad. WOW - I had no idea. Evidently people were coming in through all of the side streets, so the brilliant police decided to let 2 cars in for every 2 cars that went by on Midland - well, this was happening at EVERY side street. 4 Hours in - I had moved approximately 100 yards. It was ridiculous - the boys were getting hungry again - I had to use the bathroom, it was getting scary. My mother-in-law so kindly came for reinforcements. I thought of bailing out of line numerous times - but I couldnt handle the guilt if I or either of my boys got the virus. So, me, Joyce and the boys, stuck it out for another 4 hours - yep - total of 8 hours in the car with 2 20 month olds - CRAZINESS! Thank goodness the boys were on quite good behavior - I got them out a couple of times - and let them run around outside of the car. I changed diapers in the "way-back" while Joyce pulled forward when she could.

Needless to say - it was a nightmare - I cried approximately 6 times. OH - and to top it off - one fo the times I got out to change Nate - I rolled my ankle and sprained it - really? Did that really need to happen.

Anywho - we got our shots finally! and I feel alot better about this coming flu season.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews