Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Brady Terrell Bassham is here!

We went in for our scheduled c-section on 3/16/10 at 0700. We arrived at 0530. My Maw-Maw Brittain, Aunt Toni, Ashley, Ryan, Ty, Mom, Dad, Joyce and Amber all came up at around 0630. I was taken back at a little after 0700. I was prepped and ready to go at 0728. The spinal block was more painful than I remember my epidural being. The room was cold as ice too. It was pretty scary. I let my nerves get the best of me for a little bit - but once the "cutting" began and I realized I definitely couldn't feel anything, I calmed down. It kinda helped that the song playing when the surgery began was "Wanted: Dead or Alive" which lead to some good comic relief. It was a crazy feeling being awake, knowing you were being cut open but also being excited to know you were about to have a child. Brady came at 0748. He weighed 7 lbs and 10 oz and was 19.5 inches long. I was expecting a bigger baby as uncomfortable as the last couple of weeks got. After he was born they brought him over to clean him up - I heard him cry but I was getting worried because it seemed like forever before they brought him over for me to see. When they finally did, he was exactly what I was expecting him to look like. He really doesnt look like anyone - but he's what I always imagined my child to look like. He was chubby cheeked w/ a good size nose. Evidently they had to use some sort of spoon aparatus to get him out - because he was pretty beaten up on the head. It took a couple of days for that to go away. The c-section was much easier on me than the boys' delivery. I think in a normal circumstance, the c-section would be worse - but giving that I had a pretty rough delivery w/ the twins - this was a much better option for me.

Since we've been home - Brady has been a dream baby. He only gets upset when he's hungry, gassy or naked - other than that he's super happy and sleeps most of the time. He's eating every 3-4 hours - so I get a pretty good night of sleep. It's definitely easier w/ one baby. And I think being experienced helps too. The hardest part right now is being a mother of 2 crazy 2 year olds and a newborn. The newborn isnt hard - but when it's time to eat - it's time to eat regardless of what the boys have going on. I've had some pretty trying days - some days w/ lots of tears - but I'm making it.



1 comment:

  1. He's such a cute little man, Em. Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews