Friday, April 23, 2010

Gentry Zoo

Monday, April 19th, was my first big adventure out of the house w/ all three kiddos. I've been to the Mountainburg park a lot - but that's just a couple of miles down the road and is directly across the street from Joyce's house and the grocery store, so their Mimmie usually comes and helps out. So, I decided to go for it. After about an hour of prepping - making sure I had everything I needed packed for a newborn and 2 two year olds, I loaded up the twins in their car seats and turned on the DVD player to entertain them while I finished loading everything else up, including Brady. After about 15 minutes (my mom called - delaying me just a bit) I went out to get going, turned the key - and whammo - the car was dead - I guess the DVD player sucked the juice right out of the battery. I proceeded to cry, of course - it's a lot of stress loading up that many kids and all their paraphernalia. But I was determined so I unloaded and reloaded everything up in Andy's truck - which only has a bench seat so all 3 car seats wont fit - so the boys had to be just seat belted in for the drive over to Joyce's house to get her extended cab truck. I AGAIN reloaded everything up in their. This whole process started about 9 am - and I was finally on the road at 11:15. We started north - it's an 85 mile drive to the zoo from our house. We got there around 1 pm. It's a five mile long drive through safari. The boys loved it. They saw all sorts of animals from Longhorns, monkeys, zebras to giraffes. The most curious animails were the camels, emus and zebras. They came right up to the windows.
They also have a small petting zoo area - which was a challenge - getting all 3 out of the car and keeping everything together. It gave me a little bit of confidence that if I ever had to - I could survive on an outing w/ all 3 again.



(fyi - you dont see Brady in these pics because he's strapped to my chest in a carrier)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews