Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter











We had a great Easter weekend. We left out for Shreveport at about 5pm due to Andy's cousin getting married on Saturday. It was a pretty brutal drive. Nate was not happy at all about being strapped down for 6 hours. We made it to Nana and Pawpaw's at about 11pm. We immediately gave the boys a bath and put them in their PJs then let them play for a while. They really enjoyed the freedom. I find it's getting harder and harder to make the 5-6 hour drive as the boys get older. They've had a taste of freedom - and they like it.

The boys then slept until 9am which was a blessing - but made for a very hectic morning - trying to get 9 people ready to leave the house by 1010 to make it to church on time. We were a little late - but we made it. The boys stayed in the nursery and we went on to "Big" church. Because they had so many extra kids in the nursery - they looked frazzled when we dropped them off so before the sermon began - I snuck out the back and ran back down to the nursery to check on them. I looked in and saw them on their knees playing with a couple of trucks - still with each other...I dont know why - but this was the cutest thing to me. You see, my boys dont seem to have the "twin" thing. They usually just play along side each other - rarely really interacting - so to see them amidst all those kids playing together was just the sweetest thing.

After church - it was POURING down raining!! Which was really aggravating. Last Easter the boys were only about 4 lbs - so needless to say there wasn't any Easter Egg hunting. I really wanted them to have that experience this year. BUT NO, it had to be raining. So not only was I not able to get all those cute Easter pics - but we had to hide the boys eggs in my pawpaw's bedroom for them to find. Which they did very well. Although, my boys are really into throwing things right now, so every time they found an egg - they'd shake it, then SLAM it down on the ground. Gotta love boys!!

After the Easter celebration at my MawMaw's house - we went back my parents house. The boys hadnt taken a nap all day, so I thought it would be time for a meltdown - but they didn't. There was so much new stuff for them to do and play with - they were very happy until we put them down at about 7pm.

Monday morning before heading back home - we put them back in their little brown corduroy outfits my mom had monogrammed the cutest bunnies on and put them outside for a mock Easter photo shoot. So I got some Easter pics afterall.

The drive back wasnt nearly as brutal - but we had to stop a lot due to poo! Poo in a car can be brutal - By the way - The Taco Bell/KFC in Mena, AR does NOT have a changing table in the bathroom - so we made 2 stops in Mena!

Overall - a great fun filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews