Monday, April 27, 2009

Walking...

Nate is finally taking some steps. His first 2 steps were taken at his Grammy's house a couple of weeks ago. (I was at work and missed it - of course). Joyce said he was holding onto a chair when a piece of paper in Granny B's (Andy's grandmother) hand caught his eye. He let go and took 2 steps toward her to get it.

Since then, there has been little progress until this weekend. He has really emerged as a pretty good walker. I have witnessed him take approximately 5 steps...Andy said that he took about 10 in a row last night. (again - i was at work).

What I'm most impressed with is that he's realizing that just because he starts to lose his balance doesn't mean he has to give up and crawl. He'll take about 2 steps - regroup/regain his balance and take a few more. I can't wait for the day when a) we can go outside and play and b) I can walk in to some place holding my boys' hands versus carrying them....

oooohhh...next cant wait for moment: "HEY KIDS - GO GET IN THE CAR!"

(Eli: no news on the walking front for him)

1 comment:

Total Pageviews